Free course on the presidency. One paragraph per day.
- defend the land as commander in chief – when a war is declared by an enemy or by Congress;
- make treaties, appoint ambassadors, and serve as the nation’s representative when dealing with foreign governments;
- faithfully execute the laws of the land;
- appoint Supreme Court justices and other high officials; and
- participate in law-making.
Image: Zachary Taylor, by John Vanderlyn.
You can see previous posts or get the full course, for free, by clicking below.
Please consider supporting our work.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.” –John Adams