We have two goals: (1) help Americans understand why democracy is precious; and (2) help them understand, protect, and improve the foundations of trust in our republic.
- Too many Americans come out our schools without understanding their rights and obligations
- Too few understand how our government works.
- Too many are loyal to a party or politician but lack trust in our republic.
- It should be the other way around: loyal to our liberal, republican democracy while demanding accountability of our politicians.
- Too many want to get their way without seeing the value of collaboration, compromise, and an inclusive competition of ideas.
We work to educate and change minds by providing materials for civic education, ages 18 and up.
Our short courses are a great way to build knowledge.
- We address today’s polarization and mistrust by showing how the framer’s built a system meant to channel distrust into productive governance.
- We explore how changes since their time shape our own trust and distrust of government and each other.
- We transform the trivia of “what and when” by adding the practicalities of “why and how.”
- Along the way, you can form your own opinions about what has changed for the better, what needs improving, and how.