Free course on the presidency. One paragraph per day.
The framers decided the President was to have five main responsibilities. Which of these does not belong in that list? (Pick as many as you like.)
- Declare war on our enemies.
- Serve as commander in chief when a war is declared by an enemy or by Congress;
- Make treaties, appoint ambassadors, and serve as the nation’s representative when dealing with foreign governments;
- Make new laws;
- Faithfully execute the laws of the land;
- Appoint Supreme Court justices and other high officials with Senate approval; and
- Participate in law-making by making recommendations to Congress and by vetoing legislation.
How did you do? Items 1 and 4 do not belong on the list.
You can see previous posts or get the full course, for free, by clicking below.
Our courses are free only with help from good people like you.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.” –John Adams